University of Queensland PhD International Scholarship: University of Queensland – Australia is welcoming applications from outstanding and eligible international students with exceptional academic achievement and potentials for PhD Scholarship. This scholarship is available for PhD students who wish to enroll in a research program at the University in Australia for 2020/2021 academic session.
This project aims to understand the impact of moisture changes on the mechanical properties of connections in solid wood products. It will examine the effects of repeated wetting and drying on connections in timber samples. The results will help engineers design more resistant structures, and evaluate capacity losses in structures that experience wetting.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092 per annum tax-free (2020 rate), indexed annually
Subject Eligibility: Engineering and Computing, Science and Mathematics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Queensland PhD International Scholarship, Australia;
- Applicants must international students.
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD research program on the topic ‘Effects of moisture. content on the mechanical properties of connections in solid wood products.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking, and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Queensland, Australia.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Queensland’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for University of Queensland PhD International Scholarship, Australia
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow the link on the upper right of this page of the Official website. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
- Check your eligibility
- Prepare your documentation
- Contact Dr Luis Yerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study sections you:
Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘MOISTURE‘ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
Candidates are required to meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
Application Deadline: August 11, 2020
Visit the Official website for further details