The NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship is available for Master’s or Ph.D. degrees in the area of Teaching and Research. This NUS Overseas Graduate Scholarship (NUS-OGS) scheme is a part of NUS’s ongoing efforts to develop high-quality local talent for a successful academic career by assisting the doctoral study abroad of these students.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) offers the Scholarship, and its value is an incredible opportunity for students who wish to pursue a degree abroad. This article will explain how applicants can be considered for NUS overseas graduate scholarships in 2022/23.
About National University of Singapore (NUS)
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a research-based national university in Singapore. Established in 1905 as NUS, which was then known as the Straits Settlements and Federated Malay States Government Medical School, NUS is the oldest autonomous university in the nation.
It has degree programs across various disciplines at the graduate and undergraduate levels. This includes the sciences such as dentistry and medicine as well as environmental design and social and human sciences, business, engineering, and music.
NUS is regarded to be among the top-ranked universities worldwide. It is consistently among the 100 top universities classified in The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) as well as it is also included in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings and The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings. From 2022 to 2023, NUS is 11th worldwide according to QS and 19th globally according to the.
The main campus of NUS is located southwest of Singapore, close to Singapore’s Kent Ridge subzone of Queenstown, which covers an area of 170ha (420 acres). The Bukit Bintang subzone surrounds the campus.
The Duke-NUS Medicine College, a postgraduate medical school, established with Duke University, is situated on the Outram campus. Its Bukit Timah campus is, and the Bukit Timah campus is home to its Faculty of Law and Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. NUS comprises one Nobel laureate, the Tang Prize laureate, and one Vautrin Lud Laureate among its professors and scientists.
MUST READ: Study Masters in London for International Students In 2022
About NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship
The NUS-Overseas graduate scholarship (NUS-OGS) The scheme forms a part of NUS the ongoing efforts of NUS to develop high-quality local talent for a successful academic career funding their doctoral research in other countries. The program of study and research field should correspond to the Department and the Faculty’s specific areas of research and teaching.
The NUS-OGS may provide one or more of the following items of assistance:
- Two sets of economy-class return airfare for travel between Singapore and the place of study; one for the commencement/completion of the study and the other for a required summer visit back to NUS.
- Successful applicants will be expected to be responsible for the airfare(s) of their spouses and their family members.
- The tuition fee, other compulsory fees, and other compulsory fee eligibility are to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- The maintenance allowance is a matter of eligibility, and the amount is to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Fieldwork and conference grants are available for application.
- Coverage for health insurance (only for employees) during enrollment.
- The sign-on bonus or the employer’s CPF top-ups can be given instead of a monthly stipend (and salary or salary, if applicable) depending on the amount and eligibility to be determined based on a case-by-case.
The recipients of NUS-OGS are expected to seek external funding and do not require any salary. The eligibility for salary during the duration of the Scholarship will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- The candidates for the NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarships must be Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Candidates must demonstrate outstanding academic performance in their undergraduate studies (at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 2nd Honours).
- Candidates must be interested in research and teaching.
- Have received funds from funding sources outside the university, like research assistantships or fellowships.
- Candidates may also be pursuing a doctoral degree at the top overseas universities.
- Successful applicants, including existing staff of NUS and those who are not staff of NUS at the point of award of the Scholarship, will be appointed to a Senior
Tutorship prior to or from their commencement of studies.
Successful applicants will also be required to sign an agreement to serve NUS for a period of 5 years upon successfully completing their doctoral degree within the
During the course of studies, the staff will be required to return to NUS for one summer period of up to 4 weeks, for interaction with fellow colleagues in the
Department, undertake a short teaching/research assignment, and/or participate in other Department programmes. The summer programme, which shall take
place in the middle of the course and/or after completion of all required coursework, will be planned by an assigned mentor (i.e. NUS Advisor) from the
Department and Head of Department.
Post-doctoral training at a leading overseas institution other than the institution of study may be considered on a case-by-case basis upon the successful
completion of the doctoral degree.
Period of Scholarship
- The Scholarship can be renewed for the period required to earn Doctoral studies. Extensions can be granted on an exception basis.
- The financial aid will cease after five years. After that, no-pay leave of up to two years can be granted upon successful study completion.
Deadline: 31st December
For more information, Visit the official website